Eastward for Nintendo Switch
For Eastward, developer Pixpil imagined a world on the brink of collapse, held together by a cast of characters doing their best not only to survive, but to find true, genuine meaning at the end of the world.
Add in a dash of old-school RPG flavor, gorgeous pixel art, a sprinkling of classic adventure game puzzles, and a poignant atmosphere that oscillates elegantly from calming and nostalgic to frightening and hostile, and you have the recipe for a dish unlike any other.
For this iam8bit Exclusive Collector’s Edition, iam8bit collaborated with Pixpil and publisher Chucklefish to create a robust package worthy of lovely idiosyncrasies, a FIRST-OF-ITS-KIND physical game revelation, an original tabletop board game from acclaimed designer Erich Meyr (Squanch Games, Insomniac Games) and illustrator Ryan Brinkerhoff, inspired by the world of Eastward, plus an exclusive cover sheet by artist Laura Bifano.
This cooperative tabletop game sees 2-4 players working together to rescue villagers and defeat enemies, racing against a sinister miasma that threatens to engulf the world — complete with a foldout game board, 15 food cards, 10 item cards, and 4 unique playable character standees.
The Exclusive Collector’s Edition comes with:
- the game (region free)
- first-of-its-kind package, featuring the official Board Game for 2-4 players, designed by Erich Meyr
- includes: foldout board, 15 ingredient cards, 10 item cards, 8 Miasma cards, 4 character standees & instruction pamphlet
- BONUS: The board game components can be COMBINED with the Vinyl Soundtrack, serving as an expansion. Play them separately OR together!
- board game illustrated by Ryan Brinkerhoff
- exclusive Nintendo Switch cover sheet illustrated by Laura Bifano
Standard [Retail]: $34.99
Collector’s Edition [limited to 3.000]: $74.99
Want the game? (mind the pre-order date)
iam8bit (for US retail + Exclusive Collector’s Edition directly from iam8bit)
Black Screen Records (recommended for Exclusive Collector’s Edition outside of the US)